Friday, January 15, 2010

Triangles

Well I am just trying new things this month! And to think this was just gonna be another year of
"I like it plain."
NOT ANYMORE!
I am changing up my game plan!

My first order of business [to my game plan] was to tune my guitar to Drop C. I'ma g'head and tell you a little secret: I have never drop tuned in my life. I've up tuned, to Eb but that's it. And then like, one time I dropped the lowest E string to D for some Atreyu song but that was it! And this week I did it. I tuned all of my strings to Drop C. It was one of the most magnificent things I have ever heard come out of that little Marshall amp.

The song that made me do it: My Apocalypse by Escape The Fate. When I first heard this song, I was definitely in love. In so much love that I was willing to put my life in danger for it [I've heard that sometimes when people tune their strings pop out at their face.] This song was that magical. It held a key to my courage. Then I started actually listening to it from a guitar player's point of view. And I thought to myself, wow this would be really easy and it's sounds virtually painless. So I gave the tabs a shot, and it was another language than what I'm used to reading on tabs. So I tried a YouTube video and some metal head [God bless you, whoever you are] gave me the essentials to knowing that song. And now I play that song like Bryan Money himself [that was exaggeration.]

My second order of business is that I do not sleep in my own bed anymore. It's a choice and it's not because the rats that lived in there gave birth and now there's rat umbilical cord juice on my favorite pillow, trust me it's nothing like that. It's simply because: I get more sleep this way. Not only am I not tempted to grab a funny book from my book shelf and secretly shake with laughter until 3 in the morning, I get to sleep with  my Gram Grams. She's the best! Now, I have a whole extra little corner of storage space in my room to put lost CDs, boxes, trash, jackets, pants that aren't quite that dirty yet, and just anything that needs a resting place. Eww, and I'm never sleeping on the couch. Those pillows will permanently smell like tacos because the living room is [very] adjacent to the kitchen, where most of the taco cooking goes on.

But in all seriousness, I really do need to get my sleepy time on. I can't afford to have dark, black circles under my eyes. I need this face! For employment and personal purposes. Every kid at my school goes to bed late. Like, I'm dead serious. If I went around a did a survey, 100% of the student body goes to bed later than 9:00. I'm probably telling a lie but I could also be telling the absolute truth! But it is funny to watch the sleepy kids. And it's fun to be around them because you feel like a mind reader: The only thing on their mind is sleep. I would know, I've stayed up for 36+ hours straight and the only thing you can really think of is sleep. That's why the law doesn't let you drive if you've been awake too long [you're considered drunk] because you don't care if the light turned green and the red Lexus behind is honking at you to go, YOU WANT SLEEP!

So this is my first blog post of the year, and those were my New Years Resolutions [thus far.]

Oh and I got a memory card for my phone!!! Idky but this makes me very excited to have a computer with Bluetooth :D think of all the transfers *eyes light up*

No comments:

Post a Comment